The Green Minute: RATS! Eco-Friendly Tips To Get Rid Of Them
Courtesy of Pat Byington,¬†The Green Register¬†Editor
Over the last few years, the EPA has moved to ban several of the most toxic mouse poisons on the market because they pose a risk to children¬†(poison control centers receive up to 12,000 calls a year), pets and wildlife.
For today‚Äôs Green Minute here are some easy eco-friendly tips to help combat mice invading your home.
* Seal holes and cracks in the house that can allow mice to enter.
* Housecats are nature‚Äôs mouse traps.
* Remove food sources that may attract mice, such as pet food or fruit. Store your food properly.
* Capture mice with live traps and release them far from the home.
* Use snap traps with sensitive triggers. Use as many as 10 traps near any known mouse hole.
* Use glue traps.
* Use repellent sound devices.
For more detailed information about how to avoid mouse poisons, check out the Beyond Pesticides factsheets:
Image Credit: Maslov Dmitry / Shutterstock