The Green Minute: RATS! Eco-Friendly Tips To Get Rid Of Them
Courtesy of Pat Byington,Â The Green RegisterÂ Editor
Over the last few years, the EPA has moved to ban several of the most toxic mouse poisons on the market because they pose a risk to childrenÂ (poison control centers receive up to 12,000 calls a year), pets and wildlife.
For todayâ€™s Green Minute here are some easy eco-friendly tips to help combat mice invading your home.
* Seal holes and cracks in the house that can allow mice to enter.
* Housecats are natureâ€™s mouse traps.
* Remove food sources that may attract mice, such as pet food or fruit. Store your food properly.
* Capture mice with live traps and release them far from the home.
* Use snap traps with sensitive triggers. Use as many as 10 traps near any known mouse hole.
* Use glue traps.
* Use repellent sound devices.
For more detailed information about how to avoid mouse poisons, check out the Beyond Pesticides factsheets:
Image Credit: Maslov Dmitry / Shutterstock