Is This The Nexus 5?
Only 72 hours has passed since the ridiculous Galaxy S4 launch, so of course it is time for another Android phone rumor.
The latest is courtesy of Android and Me, which cites the always accurate anonymous sources regarding an alleged LG-built Nexus 5. Dubbed the Megalodon (a prehistoric shark), this rumored device has some incredible specs. Almost too incredible.
If this smartphone were an athlete, it would be on performance-enhancing drugs. It boasts a screen over five inches, 3G of RAM and a 2.3 GHz processor. Add in 1080p video recording and LTE connectivity and you have hardware that blows away anything on the market. Until the next phone.
The site lists the following as the rumored specs:
- 5.2â€³ OLED Display with 1920Ã—1080 resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 @ 2.3 GHz
- 3GB LPDDR3 Ram
- 16/32/64GB of internal storage
- 16MP rear camera by OmniVision (4k video recording @30FPS, 1080p video recording @60FPS, Real Time HDR & HDR video recording, optical image stabilization, BSI 2.0)
- 2.1MP front camera (1080p video recording @30FPS)
- 3300 mAh Lithium Polymer battery
- Front positioned stereo speakers
- Qualcomm RF360 (LTE 150 Mbps & HSPA+)
- Integrated DVB-T / ATSC-antenna
- Gesture like controls (navigation, zoom, etc)
A few things are interesting about this list. On the one hand, the 16-megapixel camera would surpass what Samsung is offering with the Galaxy S4. The storage options would be a boost for a Google-built device beyond the current 8GB or 16GB available on the Nexus 4. Google could finally be realizing that until we live in a world with Google Fiber speeds, hardware storage is still important.
Summer tends to be rumor time, so expect more of this kind of speculation.
Rumors are what they are, and with so many manufacturers in the Android space it is only going to get more intense. With a new iPhone always a possibility in the fall, the one upmanship will only continue.
Image Credit: Android and Me